Welcome to the official website for Perry Athletics. This will be your source for updates, schedules, links to team sites, twitter updates and much more yet to come. We are proud of Perry Athletics and we want to share that with the community. We hope that this website will be helpful and useful to you as you support Perry Athletics. Go Perry!
Be sure to check official team athletic websites for the most up to date news. Note: If the twitter widget on the right side does not display any info you can click here to see the latest updates.
We are excited to release a custom app for the Perry Local School District as well as each individual school. This app will allow you to have access to school dates, forms, teacher contacts and much more. There is a place for students to set assignment reminders, an anonymous tip line to report instances of bullying, cheating or other illegal activities. You will also get push notifications from the district and the schools if you choose. And best of all…it’sFREE! Download today and start enjoying better communications with your school. Click on the picture that works with your mobile device.
More teams opened up their seasons this past week. Both soccer teams split their games with the boys winning against Alliance and the girls winning against Ellet. Boys cross country finished 2nd at their meet just 4 points shy of champion Walsh Jesuit but defeated Delaware Hayes. The girls finished 10th at the GlenOak Invitational. Girls Tennis fell to McKinley 2-3 but Freshman Kasey Puksys won easily at #1 singles and Gina Driggers won #2 singles. Boys Golf came up just short against Lake and Girls Golf finished 16th at the Midwest Golf Classic. Football opens up this Thursday at home vs Massillon.
Varsity Athletic Results
- Boys Cross Country - 2nd out of 3 teams at Sandusky Panther Run to Fun, Overall Record 1-1
- Girls Cross Country – 10th out of 23 teams at the GlenOak Golden Eagle Invitational, Overall Record 23-21
- Boys Golf - Lake L 162-158, Overall Record 0-1, League Record 0-1
- Girls Golf – 16th at the Midwest Golf Classic, Overall Record 2-1
- Boys Soccer - Akron Firestone L 1-3, Alliance W 2-0, Overall Record 1-1
- Girls Soccer - Akron Ellet W 5-0, Conventry L 2-3, Overall Record 1-1
- Girls Tennis - McKinley L 2-3, Overall Record 0-2, League Record 0-1
- Girls Volleyball - Canfield L 0-3, Overall Record 0-1
Both Golf teams, Girls Cross Country, and Girls Tennis opened up their season before school started. Girls Gold won 2 of their first 3 matches with the wins coming against Padua and Lake Center Christian. Boys Golf finished 5th at the Federal League Preseason Tournament. The Girls Cross Country team finished 13th at the OHSAA Early Season Invitational held at the State Championship course. The Girls Tennis team lost their first match of the season to Green. More teams will be underway this week.
Varsity Athletic Results
- Girls Cross Country – 13th out of 23 teams at the OHSAA Early Season Invitational, Overall Record 10-12
- Boys Golf - 5th at the Federal League Preseason Tournament
- Girls Golf - Padua W 207-222, Lake Center Christian W 214-263, Geneva L 221-187, Overall Record 2-1
- Girls Tennis - Green L 0-5, Overall Record 0-1
A four person scramble will be held on Sunday, September 7th (9:30 AM shotgun start) at the Tam O’Shanter Golf Club (Hills Course) to benefit the PHS Men’s Golf Team. Details on hole sponsorship and registration information can be found by clicking the link below. For more information contact Mike Barth at 330-418-5431 or email@example.com.
There will be a Mandatory Parent Meeting for Fall Sports on Wednesday, August 6th at 6:00pm in the Mattachione Theater. The OHSAA has made this a mandatory meeting for all parents of Fall Sports athletes to attend.
The boys track team had two athletes compete this past weekend at the State Championship Meet and both had great performances. Sophomore Lucas Kelley won the pole vault in a new Stark County and school record height of 15 feet 10 inches. That mark was 6 inches higher than his previous best. Senior Tristan Williams finished 7th overall in the 800 meter run with a time of 1:54.12 and earned All-Ohio status. Tristan has also been selected to compete for Team Ohio vs Indiana and Michigan this weekend at Granville High School in the Midwest Meet of Champions. He will be racing on the 4×800 meter relay. Congratulations to both on outstanding seasons!