Welcome to the official website for Perry Athletics. This will be your source for updates, schedules, links to team sites, twitter updates and much more yet to come. We are proud of Perry Athletics and we want to share that with the community. We hope that this website will be helpful and useful to you as you support Perry Athletics. Go Perry!
Be sure to check official team athletic websites for the most up to date news. Note: If the twitter widget on the right side does not display any info you can click here to see the latest updates.
The Varsity Softball team picked up 3 victories this week including taking 3rd place at the Wendys Classic. In their final game of the tournament Lauren Deitrick squeezed home Kate Floom in the bottom of the 8th inning to clinch the 3rd place finish. The Varsity Baseball team picked up a win against GlenOak Tuesday with the help of 4 hits and 4 RBI by Jonathan Newsome. The Boys Track team got a victory over Hoover 74.5-62.5 with their all around best team performance of the season. Lucas Kelley set a new school record and meet record at the Lexington Invitational Saturday of 15 feet 4 inches. Hannah Luke had a great week for the Girls Track team winning everything against Hoover she ran and running season best times on Saturday to pick up a pair of wins in the 100 meter dash (12.09) and 4×200 meter relay.
Varsity Athletic Results
- Baseball – GlenOak W 11-3, Mayfield L 2-4, GlenOak L 7-14, Overall Record 3-3, League Record 2-1
- Softball – Louisville W 14-5, Wendys Classic Tournament – 3rd Place – Ursuline W 9-1, Bloom Carroll L 0-8, Ashland W 1-0, Overall Record 3-2, League Record 0-1
- Boys Tennis - Jackson L 0-5, Hoover L 1-4, Overall Record 2-2, League Record 0-2
- Boys Track – Hoover W 74.5-62.5, 12th Place out of 16 Teams at Lexington Invitational, Overall Record 1-1, League Record 1-1
- Girls Track – Hoover L 49-88, 8th Place out of 16 Teams at Lexington Invitational, Overall Record, 0-1, League Record 0-2
JJ Huddle will be awarding the sports team of the year based on the votes the final teams collect. The team with the most votes wins the award. Click here to vote for our wrestling team.
The Baseball team opened up there season with a 3-2 walk-off win vs Lake thanks to Jon Newsome who got a pinch hit with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th. Matt Kittleberger had 11 strike outs for the Panthers. The team later split a double header vs Berlin Hiland. Softball hung tough early including leading in the 1st inning but fell to 3xdefending State Champion Hoover. Boys Tennis won both their matches vs St. Thomas and Alliance 4-1. Collin Burick came from behind to win both #1 singles matches. The Track teams both lost to Jackson but had some good performances. The boys won 6 events including 3 by Tristan Williams. Hannah Luke won all 4 of her events for the girls. The track teams had some good performances at invitationals as well.
Varsity Athletic Results
- Baseball – Lake W 3-2, Berlin Hiland Double Header: L 2-6, W 6-2, Overall Record 2-1, League Record 1-0
- Softball – Hoover L 2-12, Overall Record 0-1, League Record 0-1
- Boys Tennis - St. Thomas W 4-1, Alliance W 4-1, Overall Record 2-0, League Record 0-0
- Boys Track – Jackson L 35-102, 5th out of 18 teams at the East Palestine Ward Invitational, Overall Record 0-1, League Record 0-1
- Girls Track – Jackson L 46-91, 4th out of 6 teams at the GlenOak Golden Eagle Relays, Overall Record 0-1, League Record 0-1
Senior David Bavery has been selected as a nominee for Wrestler of the Year from JJ Huddle.com. The way David will win this award is by getting the most votes. CLICK HERE to vote for David as Wrestler of the Year!
The only event from this past week was the OATCCC Indoor State Track Meet at the University of Akron. Perry had two athletes compete at the meet and both earned All-Ohio status. Lucas Kelley finished State Runner-Up in the pole vault with a new personal best and school record 15 feet 3 inches. Tristan Williams finished 8th in the 800 meter run with a time of 1:57.25 which set a new indoor school record as well. Tristan’s performance comes after swimming this season as well.
The Perry Athletic Department would like to invite all Perry Employees, Community Members, and Former Wrestlers to a reception for our 2014 State Championship Wrestling Team this Sunday March 9th at 5:00pm in the High School Main Gym. The reception will celebrate a wonderful season and to give thanks to our coaching staff and most importantly our wrestlers. We are EXTREMELY PROUD of these men and encourage everyone to stop out Sunday Evening!!