Welcome to the official website for Perry Athletics. This will be your source for updates, schedules, links to team sites, twitter updates and much more yet to come. We are proud of Perry Athletics and we want to share that with the community. We hope that this website will be helpful and useful to you as you support Perry Athletics. Go Perry!
Be sure to check official team athletic websites for the most up to date news. Note: If the twitter widget on the right side does not display any info you can click here to see the latest updates.
The boys track team had two athletes compete this past weekend at the State Championship Meet and both had great performances. Sophomore Lucas Kelley won the pole vault in a new Stark County and school record height of 15 feet 10 inches. That mark was 6 inches higher than his previous best. Senior Tristan Williams finished 7th overall in the 800 meter run with a time of 1:54.12 and earned All-Ohio status. Tristan has also been selected to compete for Team Ohio vs Indiana and Michigan this weekend at Granville High School in the Midwest Meet of Champions. He will be racing on the 4×800 meter relay. Congratulations to both on outstanding seasons!
Lucas Kelley won the Regional Championship in pole vault with a vault of 15 feet last Wednesday at Austintown Fitch High School. Tristan Williams finished 4th overall in the 800 meter run with a new personal best time of 1:53.70. Both athletes qualified to the State Championship and will compete Saturday June 6th at Jesse Owens Stadium at Ohio State. Their scoring finishes helped the Boys team finish 16th out of 42 teams who scored and ahead of 5 Federal League schools in the standings. Charliee Strickland finished 9th in long jump. Dominick Labriola finished 10th in shot put. Laila Strickland finished 14th in the 200 meter dash.
Affinity Medical Center will once again offer a complete physical that meets the requirements for participating in athletic sports. The physical is good for one calendar year. If you would like to participate in a sport next year, we encourage you to take advantage of this offer. The cost is $10.00. Affinity will provide the doctors to come to Perry High School on June 13, 2013 starting at 2:20 pm. If your current physical expires May 17 – June 13, 2014, you will be granted an extension to June 13th for participation of our Physical Day.
To take advantage of this offer, please complete the 2014-2015 Athletic Packet including the Affinity paperwork. Make sure all forms are completed and signed by parents and athletes and return this paperwork to the Perry Athletic Office by May 30th. Money is not due until Physical Day.
On June 13th, the athlete will need to check-in to receive their paperwork for the physical and pay $10.00 cash or checks made payable to Perry High School. They will not be permitted to receive a physical if they do not have a completed packet and Affinity Paperwork.
For any questions, please call the Perry Athletic Office at 330-478-6159.
Mr. Campbell, Athletic Director
Mrs. Williams, Athletic Administrative Assistant
2014-2015 Athletic Packet
As the school year winds down so too does the spring sports season. Baseball, Softball and Boys Tennis finished up their seasons this past week. Baseball split a pair of games with Jackson and celebrated Veterans Night Friday at Perry. The Softball team picked up a tournament victory over GlenOak and then a 6-0 shutout of Jackson early in the week but then lost their tournament game to Jackson 1-8. The team followed up their tournament exit by beating Boardman 12-0 in 5 innings. Winston Davis qualified the previous week to the District Tournament in Boys Tennis in only his 2nd year of playing tennis. He lost in the District Quarterfinals. The Boys Track team finished 8th out of 16 schools at the District Championship. Tristan Williams won the 800 meter run and Lucas Kelley won the pole vault. Dom Labriola finished 2nd in the shot put. All three athletes advance to this week’s Regional Championship. The Girls Track team finished 10th out of 17 teams. Laila Strickland finished 4th in the 200 meter dash and Charliee Strickland finished 4th in long jump. Both girls advanced to the Regional Championshpi.
Varsity Athletic Results
- Baseball – Jackson W 20-8, Jackson L 0-4, Overall Record 10-15, League Record 6-6
- Softball – GlenOak (Tournament game) W 5-0, Jackson W 6-0, Jackson (Tournament game) L 1-8, Boardman W 12-0, Overall Record 22-6, League Record 8-4
- Boys Tennis - Winston Davis lost 6-0, 6-0 to Alex Barr of Kenston in District Quarterfinals, Overall Record 10-5, League Record 3-3
- Boys Track – 8th out of 16 Teams at the District Championship, Tristan Williams and Lucas Kelley won District Championships and Dom Labriola finished Runner-up to advance to Regional Championship, Overall Record 2-4, League Record 2-4
- Girls Track – 10th out of 17 Teams at the District Championship, Laila Strickland and Charliee Strickland advanced to the Regional Championship with 4th place finishes, Overall Record, 0-6, League Record 0-6
The Perry Girls Youth Basketball Camp dates and locations have been announced. The camp will take place at the Edison Middle School Gymnasium from June 2nd through June 5th. Girls entering grades 3-5 will participate from 9:00am-11:30am. Girls entering grades 6-8 will partcipate from 12:30pm-3:00pm.
Be sure to check out the flyer below for camp registration and more information.
Perry Girls Youth Basketball Camp Flyer
With lots of rain early in the week, the baseball and softball teams still ended up getting two games in each. Baseball lost two close games including their tournament game vs Louisville. Softball picked up a pair of big wins over McKinley and Marietta which advanced them to the next round of the tournament. Winston Davis advanced to the District Tennis Tournament with his 4th place Sectional Tournament finish. Both Track teams finished 6th overall. The boys had individual champions in Lucas Kelley and Tristan Williams. Lucas won the pole vault and Tristan won the 800 meter run with a new GlenOak Stadium record 1:55.46. Charliee Strickland won the long jump for the girls.
Varsity Athletic Results
- Baseball – Louisville (Tournament Game) L 3-4, Lake L 1-3, Overall Record 9-13, League Record 5-4
- Softball – McKinley W 10-0, Marietta (Tournament Game) W 10-0, Overall Record 19-5, League Record 7-3
- Boys Tennis - Winston Davis qualified to District Tournament with 4th place Sectional Finish, Overall Record 10-5, League Record 3-3
- Boys Track –6th Place at Federal League Meet (Lucas Kelley and Tristan Williams won individual championships), Overall Record 2-4, League Record 2-4
- Girls Track – 6th Place at Federal League Meet (Charliee Strickland won individual championship), Overall Record, 0-6, League Record 0-6