Malachi Strickland has been nominated as one of MaxPreps/JJHuddle.com High School Football Athletes of the Week. Malachi rushed for 246 yards and three touchdowns in the Panthers 66-28 Division II 2nd round playoff victory against Columbus Franklin Heights.
This weekly award is decided by fan vote and will conclude at noon on Monday, November 21st. You may vote as often as you like.
Varsity Athletic Results
- Girls Cross Country – Maddy Bartolone finished 25th at the State Championship to earn All-Ohio. She also earned Academic All-Ohio.
- Football – Playoffs: Lake W 21-7 (Tevion Cleveland had 96 yards rushing and scored two touchdowns which included a 16-yard fumble return and Malachi Strickland also rushed for a touchdown), Team plays Franklin Heights at Mount Vernon on Friday, Overall Record 9-2, League Record 5-1 – Federal League Champions
The Perry Football Team has been nominated as one of MaxPreps/JJHuddle.com Teams of the Week. They defeated GlenOak last week 30-24 after a huge 4th quarter comeback in which they trailed 24-3. The win clinched the team’s first outright Federal League Championship since 1992 and secured the #1 playoff seed in their Division II Region.
This weekly award is decided by fan vote and will conclude at noon on Monday, October 3rd. You may vote as often as you like.
Presale tickets for the Perry versus Lake playoff football game on Friday, November 4th at 7:30 PM will go on sale for $8, along with $2 parking tickets, starting Tuesday, November 1st from 4 PM – 7 PM and Wednesday, November 2nd from 7:30 AM – 12:00 PM for season ticket holders only. A season ticket holder membership card will be required at the time of purchase.
Sale to the general public will begin on Wednesday, November 2nd from 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM , Thursday (11/3) 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM, and Friday (11/4) 7:30 AM – 12:00 PM. Tickets are $9 at the gate. Passes will not be accepted as this is an OHSAA tournament event. Thank you for your support of Perry athletics.
Varsity Athletic Results
- Boys Cross Country – 24th Place out of 25 schools at the Regional Championship, Overall Record 133-50, League Record 6-0 – Federal League Champions
- Girls Cross Country – 13th Place out of 25 schools at the Regional Championship – Madelyn Bartolone qualified to the State Championship individually by placing 8th overall, Overall Record 108-47, League Record 5-1
- Football –GlenOak W 30-24 (Nick Myers – 200 yards rushing and 1 TD, Max Baker had TD passes to Robby Kirchner and Tevion Cleveland, Malachi Strickland rushed for a TD to complete the comeback from 24-3), Overall Record 8-2, League Record 5-1 – Federal League Champions