The Perry Boys basketball program will be holding a skills camp June 13 – 15 in the main gym at Perry High School. Camp for boys entering grades 2 – 5 will be held from 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM. Boys entering grades 6-8 will have camp from 12:00 PM – 3:30 PM. Click here for more information and a registration form. Questions can be directed to Chad Spurgeon (Chad.Spurgeon@perrylocal.org).
Varsity Athletic Results
- Baseball – Green L 6-7, Jackson L 3-4, Overall Record 11-13, League Record 6-6
- Softball – Tournament: Louisville W 1-0, Tournament: Hoover L 0-5, Overall Record 22-4, League Record 11-1
- Boys Track – 5th place out of 15 schools at the District Meet (James Roth, Lucas Kelley, and Keishaun Sims each advanced to the Regional Meet), Overall Record 3-3, League Record 3-3
- Girls Track – Won the District Championship out of 13 schools (Bekah Carr, Laila Strickland, Taylor Anthony, Peyton Clarke, Leslie Bast, Andrea Hufstetler, Laura Genetin, Lexi Echelberry, Maddie Bartolone, Macee Erickson, Morgan Fisher, Alexa Carpenter, and McKenzie Corrin all advanced to the Regional Meet), Overall Record 6-0, League Record 6-0
Perry Softball player, Makenna Durieux, has been nominated for the JJHuddle & Bucknuts Ohio High School Softball Player of the Week Award. Makenna threw a no-hitter and struck out 15 batters in a 2-0 victory over Wooster for the Sectional Final.
This weekly award is decided by fan vote and will conclude at noon on Monday, May 23rd. You may vote as often as you like.
Varsity Athletic Results
- Baseball – Jackson L 0-10, Tournament Game: Green L 2-7, Overall Record 11-10, League Record 6-4
- Softball – Tournament Game: Wooster W 2-0, GlenOak L 3-4, Jackson W 1-0 – Federal League Champions, McKinley W 13-0, Overall Record 21-3, League Record 11-1
- Boys Track – Finished 6th at the Federal League Meet – Lucas Kelley broke his own Stark County Record in pole vault at 16 feet 8 inches, Overall Record 3-3, League Record 3-3
- Girls Track – Won the Federal League Meet, Federal League Champions, Overall Record 6-0, League Record 6-0
Affinity Medical Center will once again offer a complete physical that meets the requirements for participating in athletic sports. The physical is good for one calendar year. If you would like to participate in a sport next year, we encourage you to take advantage of this offer. The cost is $10.00. Affinity will provide the doctors to come to Perry High School on June 10, 2016, starting at 2:20 pm.
To take advantage of this offer, please complete the 2016-2017 OHSAA Pre-participation form, the OHSAA Special Needs form (if applicable) and the Affinity paperwork. Make sure all forms are completed and signed by parents and athletes and return this paperwork to the Perry Athletic Office by May 31st. Money is not due until Physical Day.
On June 10th, the athlete will need to check-in to receive their paperwork for the physical and pay $10.00 cash or checks (made payable to Perry High School). They will not be permitted to receive a physical if they do not have the completed OHSAA forms specified above and Affinity Paperwork.
Perry High School will be moving to an online Athletic Packet for the 2016-2017 school year as requested by OHSAA. All other forms for the 2016-2017 school year will be completed online. A parent meeting is being scheduled for the week of May 23rd to explain the new system and answer any questions. Announcements and an all call will be made with details of the date and time of the meeting.
For any questions, please call the Perry Athletic Office at 330-478-6159
Mr. Campbell, Athletic Director
Mr. Rembielak, Assistant Athletic Director
Mrs. Williams, Athletic Administrative Assistant