- The Panther Girls Basketball Camp will be held in the main gym of Perry High School from June 8-10 for girls entering grades 3-12 in the fall. Campers will receive a t-shirt and basketball. Ball handling, passing, footwork and much more will be covered during this skills camp. Sign up today by clicking here.
- June 15th, 16th and 17th will be the Perry Boys Basketball Camp for students entering grades 2-8 this fall. Use this form to register for the skills camp that will be led by the varsity coaching staff and members of the high school basketball team. This camp will teach drills and techniques that will help each player improve their basketball game. Each camper will receive a t-shirt. Register today!
- The Perry Girls Youth Soccer Camp will be held June 22 – 24 from 6:oo PM – 8:00 PM each evening at the Perry High School Football Stadium. The camp is for girls currently in grades first through eighth. Click here for a registration form and more information
On Friday, May 15th at the Federal League Track Meet, Lucas Kelley won the pole vault in a new school, meet, and Stark County record vault of 16 feet and one half inch. This effort earned him a nomination on jjhuddle.com for Track Athlete of the Week. Thanks to an overwhelming voting response Lucas won with 48.96% of the votes. Lucas is the defending division one state champion in the pole vault and will compete at the Regional Championship on Wednesday.
Varsity Athletic Results
- Baseball – Orrville W 13-12, Overall Record 3-20-1, League Record 1-9
- Softball – Tournament: Lake W 6-0, Tournament: GlenOak L 0-6, Overall Record 20-7, League Record 6-4
- Boys Track – 7th out of 16 teams at District Championship – 5 athletes advanced to Regionals, Overall Record 3-7, League Record 3-7
- Matt Carrick – Shot Put – 3rd place
- Lucas Kelley – Pole Vault – 2nd place
- Dom Labriola – Shot Put – 2nd place, Discus – 4th place
- Keishaun Sims – Long Jump – 4th place, High Jump – 4th place
- Johnny Stevenson – 3200m run – 4th place
- Girls Track – 7th out of 17 teams at District Championship – 5 athletes advanced to Regionals, 1-9, League Record 1-9
- Madelyn Bartolon – 3200m run – 3rd place, 4×800 relay – 2nd place
- Lexi Echelberry – 4×800 relay – 2nd place
- Andrea Hufstetler – 4×800 relay – 2nd place
- Taylor Wilson – 800m run – 3rd place, 4×800 relay – 2nd place
- Charliee Strickland – 400m dash – 2nd place, 200m dash – 3rd place, Long Jump – 4th place
Varsity Athletic Results
- Baseball – Tournament: Louisville L 3-10, Overall Record 2-20-1, League Record 1-9
- Softball – McKinley W 10-0, Tournament: Wooster W 8-2, Overall Record 19-6, League Record 6-4
- Boys Track – 3rd Place at the Federal League Meet, Lucas Kelley set the all time Stark County Record in Pole Vault at 16’0.5″, Overall Record 3-7, League Record 3-7
- Girls Track – 5th Place at the Federal League Meet, Faith Strickland won the 200m dash to get 1st Team All-Federal League, 1-9, League Record 1-9
Affinity Medical Center will once again offer a complete physical that meets the requirements for participating in athletic sports. The physical is good for one calendar year. If you would like to participate in a sport next year, we encourage you to take advantage of this offer. The cost is $10.00. Affinity will provide the doctors to come to Perry High School on June 12, 2015 starting at 2:20pm.
To take advantage of this offer, please complete the 2015-2016 Athletic Packet including the Affinity paperwork. Make sure all forms are completed and signed by parents and athletes and return this paperwork to the Perry Athletic Office by May 29th. Money is not due until Physical Day.
On June 12th, the athlete will need to check-in to receive their paperwork for the physical and pay $10.00 cash or checks made payable to Perry High School. They will not be permitted to receive a physical if they do not have a completed packet and Affinity Paperwork.
For any questions, please call the Perry Athletic Office at (330) 478-6159
Mr. Campbell, Athletic Director
Perry varsity baseball will be hosting Veterans Night at 7:00 PM on Friday, May 22nd. Veterans, their family and friends, are welcome to attend the Panther’s game versus Orrville as Perry pays tribute to those who have served, and are currently serving, our country. Contact Shelly Burkheimer or Saul Arkwright at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Click here for an event flyer.