The Fighting Panthers traveled to Ohio Stadium on December 1st to take on Cincinnati LaSalle in the Division II OHSAA State Finals Football Game. The Panthers fell to LaSalle 14-7. Perry led 7-0 at halftime after an early 17-yard interception return for a TD by Dominic Bowman. Nick Myers gained a team-high 56 yards on 16 carries for the Panthers, while QB Max Baker ran for 50 yards on 11 carries. This marks the second straight year that the Panthers have made it to the State Championship game. Congratulations to the team, coaches, marching band and cheerleaders for an outstanding season.
Dominick Bowman has been nominated as one of MaxPreps/JJHuddle.com High School Defensive Football Players of the Week. Dominick had a 17-yard interception return for a touchdown in the state championship game against LaSalle. He also had 5 tackles and forced a fumble. Dominick also intercepted a pass in last season’s state championship game against LaSalle.
This weekly award is decided by fan vote and will conclude at noon on Monday, December 12th. You may vote as often as you like.
Varsity Athletic Results
- Boys Basketball – Wooster L 96-53, Overall Record 0-1, League Record 0-0
- Girls Basketball – Wadsworth W 54-49 (Karlee Pireu – 18 points, Tori St. Jean – 12 points, Rylee Pireu – 10 points), Overall Record 1-0, League Record 0-0
- Football – Division II State Championship: Lasalle L 14-7 (Dominick Bowman returned an interception 17 yards for a touchdown, Nick Myers – 59 yards rushing, Max Baker – 50 yards rushing, Matt Carrick had 5 solo tackles along with 2 tackles for a loss and a sack, Jetty Mercier – 5 solo tackles), Overall Record 12-3, League Record 5-1 – State Runner-Up, Regional Champions, Federal League Champions
- Boys Swimming & Diving – Jackson L 105-56, Overall Record 0-1, League Record 0-1
- Girls Swimming & Diving – Jackson L 104-70, Overall Record 0-1, League Record 0-1
Varsity Athletic Results
- Boys Bowling – Massillon W 1,912-1,696, Triway W 2,756-2,312, Overall Record 2-0
- Girls Bowling – Massillon W 1,868-1,348, Overall Record 1-0
- Football – Playoffs: Hudson W 14-3 (Max Baker – 123 yards rushing and 2 touchdowns, Nick Myers – 129 yards rushing), Team will play Thursday, December 1st against Cincinnati LaSalle for the State Championship at Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Overall Record 12-2, League Record 5-1 – Federal League Champions, Regional Champions
A community pep rally will be held on Wednesday, November 30th at 6:00 PM in the main gym at Perry High School. Several events are planned from face painting, pictures with “The Panther”, and much more. Doors will open at 5:00 PM. Click here for information on purchasing tickets to the state championship football game.
Presale tickets for the Perry versus Cincinnati La Salle OHSAA State Final playoff football game on Thursday, December 1st at 7:30 PM at Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio (map) will go on sale for $10 on the following dates and times.
Monday, November 28th (7:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
Tuesday, November 29th (7:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
Wednesday, November 30th (7:30 AM – 6:00 PM)
*Tickets for PHS students will be sold in the cafeteria on Tuesday (11/29) and Wednesday (11/30) beginning at 7:00 AM.
All tickets are general admission lower bowl tickets closest to the field and are $12 at the gate. Ticketmaster is selling second level club seats for $15 each. Passes will not be accepted as this is an OHSAA Tournament event. Thank you for your support of Perry Athletics.
Candle Tours will be providing chartered bus services to the game on Thursday. Those who are interested may purchase a $20 ticket at the athletic office up until Wednesday@ 6:00 PM. Buses will load at 3:30 PM and depart at 3:45 PM from door #4 at PHS.