Perry Junior, Ryan Andrzejczyk, starting pitcher for the Perry High School varsity baseball team threw a no-hitter against Glenoak in a 2-0 win on April 4, 2013. Going into the top of the 7th inning, Andrzejczyk didn’t even know he had a no-hitter in progress. He said “a friend yelled from the stands, saying I had a no-hitter going and then my catcher, Colin Guscoff, told me that there was a hit earlier in the game.” It turns out that hit was scored as an error on an over-throw. Only two batters reached base, one on the error and the other on a walk. Other than those two, Andrzejczyk was perfect, striking out 9 batters, “my fast ball and curve ball were really on for that game.” As a matter of fact, his fast ball clocks in in the low 80s. Not only was the no-hitter exciting against the Golden Eagles, but to do it against former teammates made it even sweeter. Andrzejczyk played baseball growing up with many of the players on the Golden Eagle team.
Varsity Athletic Results
- Baseball – GlenOak W 8-5, GlenOak W 2-0 – Ryan Andrzejczyk threw a no-hitter, Berlin Hiland Doubleheader: L 7-8, W 21-4 Overall Record 3-3, League Record 2-0
- Girls Basketball – Meyers Lake All Star Classic: Senior Marwah Hmeidan scored 20 points and had 15 rebounds in the 80-72 North Win
- Softball – Stow W 11-0, GlenOak W 12-2, Overall Record 2-1, League Record 1-0
- Boys Tennis – Alliance W 4-1, North Royalton L 2-3, Wooster W 5-0, Lakewood W 3-2, Overall Record 3-1, League Record 0-0
- Boys Track – GlenOak L 47-90, 3rd Place out of 13 teams at the East Palestine Ward Invitational, Overall Record 0-1, League Record 0-1
- Girls Track – GlenOak L 52-85, 5th Place out of 11 teams at the Salem Cope Invitational, Overall Record 0-1, League Record 0-1
- Wrestling – National High School Wrestling Championships (Va) – Jose Rodriguez 1st, Casey Sparkman 1st, Tony Dailey 1st, Jake Newhouse 2nd, Thomas Genetin 2nd, Isaac Bast 4th, David Bavery 8th
Varsity Athletic Results
- Baseball – Gahanna Lincoln Double Header: L 2-12, L 4-7, Overall Record 0-2, League Record 0-0
- Boys Basketball – Senior Jeremiah Jackson represented the Stark County All-Stars at the Rotary Classic and was named Player of the Game with his 25 point performance in the 110-113 loss to Summit County
- Softball – Field L 3-7, Overall Record 0-1, League Record 0-0
- Tennis – Open up their season Wednesday at Alliance
- Boys Track – Open up their season Thursday at home vs GlenOak
- Girls Track – Open up their season Thursday at home vs GlenOak
Junior Varsity Athletic Results
- Softball – Field W 13-3, Overall Record 1-0, League Record 0-0
Freshman Athletic Results
- Baseball – Tuslaw Double Header: W 9-8, W 7-3, Overall Record 2-0, League Record 0-0
We are once again gearing up for what is hoped to be an exciting football season. We have had an overwhelming interest in the purchase of season tickets for the 2013 Football program. Sales will begin on Monday April 15, 2013 and go through Friday, May 17, 2013. Pick-up will be June 3-13, 2013 (Monday-Thursday).
The cost is $42.00 per set (5 homes games + Massillon ticket). By ordering season tickets, you are guaranteed your reserved seat(s) for the entire season. At the time of pick-up, you will receive all of your tickets plus a season ticket holder membership card. You will be able to keep your reserved seat assignment(s) from year-to-year, provided you purchase season tickets each year. You may also purchase additional Massillon tickets at the time of pick-up.
Season ticket holders will be able to purchase tickets for away and post season games by showing their season ticket holder membership card starting on Tuesday morning the week of the game. General public will start purchasing on Wednesday of the same week.
To reserve your season tickets now, fill out the attached form below and send with your payment to:
Perry High School Ticket Office
3737 13th St. SW
Massillon, OH 44646
Congratulations to the Perry Track and Field athletes that competed this past weekend at the State Indoor Meet in Akron:
- Andrew Vincent –10th place Pole Vault
- Hannah Luke – 9th place 60 meter Dash and 8th place 200 meter dash
- Jackie Genetin – 4th place 800 meter Run
- 4 x 400m relay team of Charliee Strickland, Taylor Wilson, Mikayla Dearing, and Jackie Genetin – 4th place.
The Perry High School wrestling team went to Columbus for the State Wrestling Tournament and came back with plenty of hardware. JoJo Tayse (left) and Jose Rodriguez (right) both claimed State Champion in their weight class. Other wrestlers placing in the top eight are David Bavery – 3rd place, Casey Sparkman – 4th place, Tony Dailey – 5th place, Isaac Bast and Bruno Millin with 8th place. The team finished 2nd overall. Congratulations on a great State Tournament. (Photos Courtesy of Kevin Whitlock, indeonline.com.)