Congratulations to Perry High School grad, Matt Campbell (’98). Matt became the head football coach for the University of Toledo on December 12, 2011. His first act as a head coach? Win the Military Bowl 42-41 over Air Force. Click here for more information on the game. Congrats to Matt on his new head coaching job and bowl game victory. You make Perry Proud!
The Mayor’s Cup Girls Basketball Consolation Final and Championship Final will be held at Perry High School Saturday December 16th at 1:00pm and 2:30pm respectively. The Perry girls will be playing against Massillon in the championship game.
Varsity Athletic Results
- Boys Basketball – Mansfield Senior L 71-82, McKinley L 67-77, Overall Record 0-3, League Record 0-1
- Girls Basketball – McKinley L 38-80, Boardman W 50-44, Overall Record 2-2, League Record 1-1
- Boys Bowling – McKinley L 2623-2871, Jackson W 2892-2708, Overall Record 2-2, League Record 2-2
- Girls Bowling – McKinley W 2476-2134, Fitch L 2339-2422, Overall Record 3-1, League Record 3-0
- Wrestling – 9th at the prestigious Ironman Invitational
Varsity Athletic Results
- Boys Basketball – Toledo Rogers L 69-77, Overall Record 0-1
- Girls Basketball – Mogadore W 57-19, Ursuline L 35-45, Overall Record 1-1
- Boys Bowling – Lake W 2830-2823, Boardman L 2814-2862, Overall Record 1-1, League Record 1-1
- Girls Bowling – Lake W 2407-2376, Fitch W 2505-2201, Overall Record 2-0, League Record 1-0
- Boys Swimming – Warren Harding L, Lorain W, Lake L, Overall Record 1-2, League Record 0-1
- Girls Swimming – Warren Harding W, Lorain W, Lake W, Overall Record 3-0, League Record 1-0
The Perry Rotary Basketball Preview will be held Friday November 25th, 2011 at Perry High School. This is the 20th year for the event that has raised money for scholarships given to one member of each team participating.
The Perry Rotary Club has had the privilege of awarding college scholarships using proceeds from this event to 138 outstanding local players over the years that BEST represent the Rotary ideal of “Service above Self”.
The event begins at 6:00 PM with tickets sold at the door. A single ticket is good for all the games played that night. Adults $6.00, Students/Seniors $5.00 and Children 5 and under Free.
The teams participating are:
- Jackson – Barberton
- Perry – Green
- Hoover – CCHS
- GlenOak – Wadsworth
- Massillon – Garaway
Congratulations to Wittenberg Freshman and Perry’s own Meghan Vodopich (Class of 2011) for winning the 2011 Division III National Championship in Volleyball. Meghan served the match-winning point and also had one of her 20 assists on the final decisive point to secure the victory! Way to go Meghan, and way to make Perry Proud!