1) Place several interesting, strange, or fun pictures in each team area.
2) Have each person select a picture that looks interesting to him or her.
3) Present a topic, concept, or vocabulary term the students should understand.
4) Students complete this statement:
My picture (substitute what their picture is and show the class) is like (substitute the concept, topic or vocabulary term) because…
EXAMPLE: My picture of a pig on a go cart is like carrying capacity because the go cart can function with one or even a few pigs riding it, but there is a point where there are too many pigs for the cart to run. An area of land can support some organisms but there is a limit.
1. Conduct the activity with a partner or team
2. Have the students pick an unusual word and complete the analogy with the given concept or term
3. Tell students the term or concept and a category for their analogy completion.
Example: What musical instrument is the Marshall Plan most like? Why?