1. Pose a question to the class.
2. Have students respond to question on white boards.
3. Monitor the students’ completion. When students seemed to have written a response, state, “Time’s Up, Boards Up!” Empty boards are not acceptable. Students must at least take a guess!
4. All students hold their boards either in front of their chests or above their heads. (teacher designates)
5. Provide feedback to students addressing why answers are correct and why others are incorrect.
***This process is a good way to evaluate for misunderstandings, common errors or misconceptions.