1. Assign each student a number 1, 2, 3, or 4. These numbers correlate well to team jobs if you are using a cooperative learning set up.
2. Spin a spinner (Smartboard or on overhead), roll a cube, or randomly pick a number from 1-4.
3. Each student who has that number stands. (If there are 28 students in the class, 7 students will be standing.)
4. Each student responds.
1. Give teams 30-60 seconds to develop a team response.
2. Have the 1st student respond, the 2nd student agree or disagree and tell why, etc. until all students have contributed.