- Identify major concepts or vocabulary from the reading selection or lesson.
- “Toss” those terms on sentence strips, SmartBoard, white board, or chart.
- Students, in pairs or small groups, use some or all of the words in a sentence to hypothesize or predict how the terms will be used in the reading selection or lesson. You designate the number to be used and can differentiate.
- Students read their sentences to the class.
- Complete the reading selection or lesson.
- Revisit the sentences which were shared in step 4.
- Discuss who was closest with the correct usage.
- Students, in small groups, pairs or individually, use those same terms to create a new sentence using the words correctly.