Dear Parents, In an attempt to recognize our fourth graders, the staff and I decided to bring the students and families back together again for one final celebration. We are planning a Fourth Grade “Drive-In Style” Recognition Night. This special night will require you to park your cars in the upper and bottom parking lots facing the school. We will be speaking to you from the rooftop of the building and showing the fourth grade slideshow. We will have a transistor set up so you can hear the teachers and the video over your car radio. We are hoping to make this night super special for our fourth graders last hurrah at T.C. Knapp Elementary!!
Just a couple directions to make for a perfect night.
- If you have an SUV or truck we are asking you to park your cars in the upper lot and the last row of the bottom parking lot. If you have a sedan, we are asking you to park in the bottom lot in the first two rows. We are doing this in an effort so everyone can see the screen on the side of the school. Our custodians will be directing traffic to assist with parking.
- Only one car per family because of space issues.
- Please stay in your vehicles for the safety of the students and families.
- If you have an SUV or a truck, you may back it in and open your hatchback or sit in the pickup bed. Please stay within the limits of your vehicle. Please be careful not to block anyone’s view with your hatchback.
- At the end of the evening, we are going to direct the cars to drive through the bus lane to pick up your child’s gift bag. The custodians will be directing traffic to get everyone through safely.
We will start parking cars around 7:45 PM with the hopes of starting the night around 8:30 PM. After the teachers’ presentations, we will begin the video around 9:00 PM when it is dark. After fourth grade recognition, Mrs. Tilton will be sharing the video with the families through your child’s email. Please know we are trying to make this event the best we can due to the circumstances. Our goal is to create a lasting memory for our students.
Thank you and we are looking forward to this special night.
During this time of remote learning, I want you to know that I will continue to work with your child. I will be checking voicemails and emails several times a day during the hours of 8:15 – 3:45, Monday through Friday beginning on March 30. I will be available to answer questions and talk to your students if I am needed. If I currently see your child on a regular basis in a group setting or individually, I will begin calling you once a week beginning the week of March 30 – April 3 to check in and give your child the opportunity to talk about his/her feelings. Also, beginning that week I will have a Facebook page with coping exercises and helpful links for kids and families. Here is the address for that Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Mrs.Watkinsperry/?modal=admin_todo_tour
Do you need Christmas gift ideas? T.C. Knapp Elementary is doing an Perry/T.C. Knapp apparel fundraiser through Rego’s Sporting Goods. This is the link for ordering: https://tcknapp19.itemorder.