Thanks to everyone for the great support of the Perry High School food drive. We provided for 50 families, 10 food banks (including Perry Helping Perry), estimating 11,000 canned and packaged items delivered. Thanks for your generosity and giving during this time of year.
Latest News for PHS
Congratulations to Wittenberg Freshman and Perry’s own Meghan Vodopich (Class of 2011) for winning the 2011 Division III National Championship in Volleyball. Meghan served the match-winning point and also had one of her 20 assists on the final decisive point to secure the victory! Way to go Meghan, and way to make Perry Proud!
Perry High School had three varsity athletes sign National Letters of Intent to continue their athletic careers at the collegiate level. Macy Byrd signed with Tiffin University to play basketball. Jayla Saibene signed with The Ohio State University for softball. Shelby Tilton signed with Kent State Unviersity for softball as well.
Congratulations to Macy, Jayla, and Shelby as they continue to make Perry Proud!
Varsity Athletic Results
- Boys Cross Country – Matt Thiessen and Aaron Dunn finished 83rd and 85th overall at the Regional Championship held at Boardman High School, Season Complete, Overall Record 107-28, League Record 5-1
- Girls Cross Country – 13th out of 16 teams at the Regional Championship held at Boardman High School, Freshman Sydnee Fenn lead team with 28th place finish, Season Complete, Overall Record 78-40, League Record 3-3
- Football – GlenOak L 14-26, Season Complete, Overall Record 2-8, League Record 0-6
- Volleyball – District Semi-Final vs Lake – L 0-3, Season Complete Overall Record 6-18, League Record 2-10
Freshman Athletic Results
Football – GlenOak L 8-35, Season Complete, Overall Record 0-10 League Record 0-6
Varsity Athletic Results
- Boys Cross Country – 6th out of 19 teams at District Championship, Aaron Dunn and Matt Thiessen individually qualified to Regional Championship, Overall Record 107-28, League Record 5-1
- Girls Cross Country – 4th out of 17 teams at District Championship and advanced to Regional Championship, Jackie Genetin, Sydnee Fenn, and Hailey Floom individually qualified to Regional Championship as well, Overall Record 75-28, League Record 3-3
- Football – Jackson L 18-35, Overall Record 2-7, League Record 0-5
- Boys Soccer – Green L 0-4, Hoover L 1-3, Season Complete, Overall Record 5-11-1, League Record 1-5
- Girls Soccer – Louisville L 1-4, Season Complete, Overall Record 4-12-1, League Record 1-5
- Volleyball – Hoover W 3-2, Won Sectional Final and advance to District against Lake Tuesday Oct 25th, Overall Record 6-17, League Record 2-10
On October 15th, the Perry High School Marching Band entered into an Ohio Music Education Association Marching Band competition. The students were evaluated on musical performance, marching performance, percussion, and overall “general effect” of the performance. The Marching Panthers competed in class AA (based on school size, AA being the largest) and earned a 1st place finish for their class. In addition, Perry earned a Superior rating which qualified them for State Finals in Dayton, OH. (more…)