The Speech and Debate Team is sponsoring a fundraiser at Schnabs on Monday, October 10th. Please join us and enjoy some great food plus you will be supporting the Speech Team. The event is all day, and no special flyers or tickets are needed to guarantee that the team will receive the profit.
Latest News for PHS
Varsity Athletic Results
- Boys Cross Country – 3rd out of 20 Teams at Stark County Championships, Aaron Dunn – Repository Runner of the Week, Overall Record 76-15
- Girls Cross Country – 6th out of 18 teams at Stark County Championships, Overall Record 41-19
- Football – Lake L 14-31 – Overall Record 2-4, League Record 0-3
- Boys Golf – Regular Season Finished, Sectionals Tuesday October 4th, Overall Record 5-9, League Record 4-8
- Girls Golf – Regular Season Finished, Sectionals Tuesday October 4th, Overall Record 10-4, League Record 8-4
- Boys Soccer – Jackson L 0-6, Cuyahoga Falls Tie 2-2, Marlington L 1-4, Overall Record 4-6-1, League Record 1-3
- Girls Soccer – Marlington L 1-4, Jackson L 0-5, Kent Roosevelt L 1-5, Overall Record 3-8, League Record 1-3
- Girls Tennis – McKinley W 5-0, Louisville L 0-5, Jackson L 0-5, Overall Record 4-12, League Record 4-8
- Volleyball – Hoover L 1-3, Lake L 2-3, Wadsworth L 1-3 Overall Record 3-13, League Record 1-8
Perry Local Schools will no longer be printing interim reports during the course of the school year. Parent Internet Viewer, PIV, provides the opportunity for parents to view grades on a daily basis. This constant communication will aid parents in more frequent feedback for their child. If you are unable to access the PIV system with your personal password, please contact the high school office for program troubleshooting or other options.
Varsity Athletic Results
- Boys Cross Country – 4th out of 13 teams at the Malone Invitational – Overall Record 59-13
- Girls Cross Country – 5th out of 10 teams at the Malone Invitational – Overall Record 29-14
- Football – Boardman L 2-40 – Overall Record 2-3, League Record 0-2
- Boys Golf – Lake L 179-173, Jackson L 175-159, Overall Record 5-9, League Record 4-8
- Girls Golf – Jackson L 193-157, 7th out of 13 teams at Stark County Championships, Overall Record 10-4, League Record 8-4
- Boys Soccer – McKinley W 5-0, Wadsworth L 0-1 Overall Record 4-4, League Record 1-2
- Girls Soccer – Crestwood W 2-0, McKinley W 4-0, Overall Record 3-5, League Record 1-2
- Girls Tennis – Boardman L 2-3, 1st out of 4 teams at Marietta Invitational, Overall Record 3-10, League Record 3-7
- Volleyball – Massillon W 3-1, McKinley W 3-0, Jackson L 0-3, Overall Record 3-10, League Record 1-6
The cheer leaders will be selling Homecoming T-shirts all this week and part of next week. If you would like to buy one, stop by the office for a flyer, Mrs. Fisher’s room 206 or Mrs. Deitz’s room 238. Help the cheerleaders get to Florida. Shirts will be $9.00 and checks can be made out to Perry Cheer Club.
The girls cross country team competed as a strong team at the Walsh Jesuit Tomahawk Run over the week. Leading the way for the varsity team were Jackie Genetin and Hailey Floom; the girls placed 8th and 10th respectively. Completing the top five were a dynamic trio of freshman that included Taylor Wilson, Syndee Fenn and Carlie Perretta. Kylie Church and Summer Gillard also ran tough races to round out varsity action. The team pulled together to earn the runner-up award. In the JV races, Becca Backus, Kelsey Cobb, Erica Curtin, Sara Keane and Julia Brown took the team to a 4th place finish. The ladies have the weekend off and will race again on the 24th.