As a special education department, we believe…
- All students can learn.
- Collaboration among parents and educators is essential to student success.
- When high expectations are set, our students will meet them.
- Students with disabilities will be educated in their least restrictive environment along a continuum of services.
- Students with disabilities require intervention, specially designed instruction, and core content instruction in order to demonstrate growth and to close the achievement gap.
- Professional development is crucial in order for our staff to stay current with state/local initiatives and instructional practices/strategies necessary to maximize student learning.