Speech & Debate Boosters Meeting Minutes
August 15, 2011
The Executive Board met tonight at Schnab’s Restaurant. The meeting was called to order by Co-President Kathy Meeks, at 8:00 PM.
Other Members Present: Marsha Craig, John Weaver, Cassie Elliott, Amy Roe, and Pam Tyler.
New Business: Due to the inability to locate an available venue for the Kick-Off Pot Luck Dinner, the team/parent meeting is scheduled in the Perry cafeteria on Sept. 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM. Cookies and punch will be served. The following activities are planned for the meeting:
• Provide parents with calendar for speech tournaments, booster meetings, and fundraising events.
• Take orders for Speech and Debate Team apparel.
• Provide opportunity for parents to sign up to receive Twitter messages for S & D Team events, and sign up to
volunteer to help with the Perry Tournament.
• Issue letter requesting that parents contribute $50 towards judging costs and/or volunteer to judge at speech
• Student demonstrations of speech and debate categories.
During tonight’s meeting, we composed a letter to send to the parents, including the above information. The Boosters will buy envelopes and stamps to mail the letters, unless permitted to use the meter at the Board Office—Marsha will check on this. Cassie and students will compile the address list on Aug. 22, and print labels for the envelopes.
The Judges Clinic dates are scheduled on Tues., Sept. 20 @6:30PM and Saturday, Sept. 24 @ 10 AM. Clinics expected to last no more than two hours. Participants only need to attend one of these dates.
Change in Booster Calendar: Sept. 6 meeting @ 6:30 for Executive Officers and coaches, only.
Sept., 12 @ 6:30 is the Parent Meeting.
Tentative Fundraiser Dates:
Week of Sept. 26- blood drive
Oct.- TGIFridays and Schnab’s fundraisers
Week of Sweetest Day and November after Thanksgiving- Bake sale during lunch mods
Dates need to be confirmed with respective parties before Sept. 6 meeting.
Pam Tyler, Secretary