Watson School is 1 of 5 elementary schools in the Perry Local School System located in northeastern Ohio Between the cities of Canton and Massillon. Watson School is a neighborhood school in which students live within a radius of less than 4 miles.
- Year built 1958
- Number of students 341
- Grades served K-4
- Number of teachers 26
- Teachers with Master’s degree 16
- Nationally Board Certified Teacher 1
- Ohio Recognized Master Teacher 1
- Average Years of teaching experience 14
- Percentage of teachers highly qualified 100%
- Number of Administrators 1
- Level of Administrator’s Education Master of Education from Ashland University
- Years as building principal 3
- Support Staff 19
– School rated EXCELLENT by the Ohio Department of Education 9 consecutive years –
– School Mascot: The Wildcat (version of the panther our district mascot) –
Parent Teacher Organization UNITE (UNITE Now In Today’s Education is an active support group in existence since 1959.
We are proud of our hard working and dedicated teachers and staff. We are equally proud of our hard working students, supportive parents and community who want the best education for the children of the Perry Community.
Our school grounds include a 1/3 mile walking track utilized by the students during the day and the community after school hours.
Watson actively involves students in a wide range of experiences, which often benefit others and the community, while also advancing the goals of a given curriculum. Community-based service